KEEPING THE PROMISE: AN AGENDA FOR
ACTION ON WOMEN & AIDS
INTERNATIONAL AIDS CONFERENCE 2008
3-8 August 2008 - Mexico City
AIDS 2008 Vision and Objectives
for AIDS 2008
A conference that promotes scientific excellence and inquiry, encourages
individual and collective action and dialogue, and fosters accountability.
AIDS 2008 will
- Provide a forum in which key scientific and
practice-based research, best practice, lessons learned and gaps in
knowledge are addressed
- Present strong evidence to influence leaders, including
key policy makers and donors, to increase their commitment to HIV and AIDS
prevention, care and treatment, undertake responsible action and be more
- Increase understanding of the contribution made by the
HIV global response to broader social, economic and health issues.
- Maximize opportunities for the participation in
conference and programme planning of those engaged in evidence-based
responses – scientists, PLWHA, members of marginalized communities
especially those most vulnerable to HIV, including women, girls, and young
- Promote strategies that will reduce stigmatization and
discrimination of PLWHAs and those working professionally across the
response to HIV and AIDS.
- Reach a wider audience through the webcasting of conference
proceedings to regional sub-conferences/meetings and through the
availability of conference sessions online.
- Improve public awareness of the continued impact of and
global response to HIV and AIDS through enhanced media coverage.
To leave the list, send your request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.