Women Without Borders
07. December 2008
SAVE – Sisters Against Violent Extremism Conference
Participants of the first SAVE conference
which was held in the Palais Schönburg in Vienna, Austria (from left to right,
from first row):
Elisabeth Kasbauer and Edit Schlaffer/Women without Borders, Nawal Hassan/Lebanon, Archana Kapoort/India, Lily Z.Munir/Indonesia, Suad Ata/Yemen, Robi Damelin/Israel, Rula Dashti/Kuwait, Hasinah Kharbhih/India, Najwa Saadeh/Palestine, Rajaa al Khuzai/Iraq, Maja Muminagic/WwB, Najma Ahmed Abdi/Somalia, Igo Rogova/Kosovo, Hadiyah Masieh/UK, Aicha el Wafi/France, Saime Öztürk/Austria, Rachel North/UK, May de Silva/Northern Ireland, Necla Kelek/Germany, Anica Matzka-Dojder/Austria, Irina Scheitz/WwB, Petra Tappeiner/WwB, Cindy Corrie/USA, Azra Dizdarevic/WwB, Manal Omar/USA, Shaista Gohir/UK, Lajali Abu Zahra/Austria, Phyllis Rodriguez/USA, Astha Kapoor/WwB, Elaine Hargrove/ USA, Ece Temelkuran/Turkey, Güner Balci/Germany, Ana Teresa Bernal Montanez/Colombia, Beatriz Abril Alegre/Spain, Olga Alicia Paz/Guatemala, Senay Özdemir/Netherlands.
SAVE - Sisters Against Violent Extremism
From November 28th till 30th 2008 the first SAVE - Sisters
Against Violent Extremism - conferencde took place in the Viennese
The more than 30 participant from all over the world together formulated the SAVE Declaration which was presented to the public in a press conference on December 1st:
Each participant of the first SAVE – Sisters Against
Violent Extremism –
1. I, as a woman, will use the local and global networks of women to stop the killing.
2. I will inspire a new response to prevent terror, violence and discrimination.
3. I will create awareness for not stigmatizing the families of the extremists/terrorists
4. I will support the young generation with non-violent alternatives in their search for a better life.
5. I will engage all forms of media for spreading the message of non-violence.
6. I will insist on peaceful resolutions to prevent escalation of conflict and violence.
7. I will promote a global dialogue for a future without fear.
8. I will raise my voice against all hostile states and politics that cause suffering.
9. I recognise the urgency to create ‘SAVE’ spaces for a peaceful coexistence.
10. I will always remember those affected by violent extremism.
To contact the list administrator, or to leave the list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.